Sight Word Slider Boxes

I hope you love this freebie as much as I do!  I can't wait to use it with my Kinders this year!  
You can download this freebie in my 
TeachersPayTeachers Store




So, this week Staples had pencil box sliders on sale for just a penny each.  
I took advantage of this sale and here's what I did:



First, I typed out my Kindergarten sight words onto letter cards that would fit into each slider box.  I printed them, cut them out and laminate them.



Next, I got out my letter tiles.



Then I put one word card in each slider box and added the letter tiles to spell the words.




I will store them in a container labeled Sight Word Slider Boxes.  I will place the boxes in my Word Work Center throughout the year.  The children will use one box at a time to spell the words on the word card.












2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I got the penny slider boxes at Staples and 3 free ones at Rite Aid! Heading off to download your freebie. Thanks!

    Kay
    Sommer Pride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sight words cards in slider boxes. Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids
    ABCs of Reading

    ReplyDelete